Web Application Software Engineer
In this role, you will be responsible for the HotSchedules application web front end development. You will work on the product hands-on to create HTML, CSS, React for HotSchedules web applications and making sure the user interactions and visual design ideas are correctly implemented. You will work on mid-tier APIs using Node.js and potentially Java. You will be collaborating other engineering teams, product management team, and the design team to make sure our products are intuitive and easy to use.
- Contribute to a modern, responsive application suite.
- Write clean, performant code that is a joy to use
- Encourage and leverage best practices around all front-end technologies
- Continuously improve workflow and automation to enhance developer productivity
- Focus heavily on performance to ensure end user satisfaction
- Good user interface skills with strong technical knowledge in current web trends
- Great communication skills are a must have.
- Ability to work in an agile development lifecycle and a continuous delivery model
- 3+ Years in Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- 2+ Years using Node.js
- 2+ Years using React
- Experience using GIT based version control systems
- Experience using and designing RESTful APIs using NodeJS
- Experience testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
- Experience with build automation toolchain (Grunt, Gulp, etc)
- Familiarity with performance profiling your code at runtime
Who we are:
HotSchedules - Hospitality Unbound
HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.