Lunar Collective is an exciting software consultancy business looking for a full stack software developer apprentice to complement our growing team.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer Apprentice with a minimum of 1 year of professional experience in Back end or Front end web development, who is excited to be part of a collaborative, cross-functional team, and work with our clients to deliver high-quality custom software solutions.
As a Full Stack Developer Apprentice at Lunar Collective, you will be a leader in developing software solutions for Lunar Collective’s clients as well as working on internal tools and processes. You will report to the CEO & Founder, Justin Herrick, who will be responsible for managing the delivery of developed software and providing onboarding, mentoring, and career development for you.
- Report daily to your team about work done on the previous day and plan for the next day.
- Discuss implementation of features with your team.
- Write Code.
- Do Research.
- Participate and lead group discussions.
- Write automated unit tests.
- Write about your work and share it with the team.
- Work in this amazing space (http://www.springdalegeneral.com/tour/) in the heart of East Austin
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a full stack environment.
- Fluency with HTML and CSS/SCSS.
- Familiarity with an Agile software development processes.
- Fluency with Git.
- Comfortable with UNIX based systems.
- Can confidently explain your work to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to effectively accomplish goals while working in a team-based open office environment.
You + +
- Are ready to explain technical concepts to clients, if needed.
- Experience with deployment environments, like Heroku.
- Love to solve problems and work towards better solutions to existing puzzles.
- Are excited to show others things you have learned recently.
- Have a growth-oriented mindset to improving your skills.
- Have a desire to give back to the software development community.
To be a part of Lunar Collective is to be…
Team Focused. We believe that our skills and accumulated knowledge are not something to be kept, but to be freely shared.
Sustainable. We implement a 4 day work week so you are able to be adequately rested and ready at the start of each week.
Pedagogical. We strongly believe that education is freeing — both educating our clients and continuing the education of our team. We are always looking into ways to improve our own processes and tools.
Client Driven. We believe we should take every opportunity to learn from our clients about their business so we may provide the best insights into how they can succeed. All clients should leave an engagement with us happy, with working software, and should be better equipped than they were when they came to us.
Diverse. We believe a diverse team with a variety of life experience and backgrounds makes us better at doing our job and solving problems. We support community efforts that increase diversity in our field, including Girl Develop It, and we look forward to other opportunities to expand our support in the future.