Full Stack Developer
Living Security helps organizations protect their sensitive data by reducing their #1 cybersecurity risk, human error. WE BELIEVE in security for the sake of the person. Computers will always augment human judgment, not the other way around. WE CREATE intelligence-driven security learning content that trains users to identify and react to current and emerging threats. WE DELIVER a meaningful experience, grounded in behavioral science, that is easy to understand and hard to forget.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing! We believe our clients’ success equals our success and we think of ourselves as an extension of their team and align our goals with there’s. We're looking for someone who has a passion for our clients and a client-focused mindset for value-driven, strategic improvements to join our team.
We are a fast growing, venture funded startup. While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing! We have onsite parking, team lunches multiple times a week, snack and flexible schedules, and we are located west of Austin, so no downtown traffic!
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE
Our dream candidate has experience delivering customer-facing software. You should feel confident designing, building, and testing features from loosely or ambiguously defined requirements. You must feel comfortable moving between front-end and back-end and can deliver high-quality software in both areas. You will work on a team with other engineers but, must also be comfortable working autonomously with minimal direction. As part of a small team, you may be called upon to perform devops related tasks including managing CI/CD, monitoring infrastructure, managing databases, etc; to that extent you should feel very comfortable working on the command line. Our core stack is primarily comprised of Java, Angular, and SQL. This core stack is complimented by various other technologies described below. Ideally, you should have several years of experience developing production applications with the technologies of our core stack.
- Participate in planning and requirements gathering
- Design, build, test and deliver customer-facing features spanning both the front and back-end
- Write clean, testable code
- Commit to and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience building web applications using Java Spring Boot
- Strong Java experience
- Angular 2+ experience
- Strong SQL experience
- NoSQL experience
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap
- You can implement a pixel perfect UI - given a mockup of wireframe
- Comfortable working on the command line
- NodeJS experience
- Strong AWS experience and understanding
- DevOps experience, config management, Jenkins
- HighCharts or d3.js experience
- Python experience is a plus
- Familiarity with big data tools, i.e., Spark, Hadoop, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with gitflow