COVID 19 UPDATE:
We have leaned into the current health crisis with the development of new features like Volusion Curbside. Since March, we have hired more than a dozen new Volusioneers with no signs of slowing down. We are actively interviewing for key roles in order to keep up with our product roadmap goals. During these unprecedented times Volusion continues to provide stability and growth opportunities to our employees and merchants alike.
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually. As a company ALL employees are currently working remotely.
Volusion powers thousands of ecommerce sites - from fledgling entrepreneurs like local artists selling handmade goods to mid market businesses processing millions of dollars in online sales every year. If you're a creative professional that has a passion for driving change and you want to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
Your gift for analytical processing and bringing projects to perfect resolve has always been your strength. While you don’t seek glory or public recognition, you take satisfaction in knowing you’re great at what you do and that you’re an important part of a winning team. Volusion is seeking a team oriented, technical/analytical data-driven perfectionist to fill our open Full Stack Engineer role.
- Evolve our product and user interface: We are constantly adding new features for our customers, and with each new feature, we need professional, user-friendly interfaces that are technically performant and often need to make loads of API calls. You’ll be at the forefront of building these interfaces.
- Build and expand a robust REST API: Our front-ends depend on clearly defined, performant APIs. You will help design our API endpoints and implement them in TypeScript and Node.js to ensure high performance and consistent results.
- Interact with multiple data stores: We have multiple databases, both SQL and NoSQL. You will model data, determine the best database paradigm, roll out data changes, and ensure that your code as well as those of the platform team interacts with that model consistently and efficiently.
- Push performance limits: We have tens of thousands of merchants. This is not a simple application with a few hundreds users, and it’s your code that will drive the interactions that fuel our merchants’ businesses. You will instrument, measure, tune, and find creative ways to remove bottlenecks with every line of code you write, on a daily basis.
- Solve with creativity and autonomy: We don’t just want the simplest solution. We want great solutions that exhibit creativity, address customer needs, and allow you to flex your programming muscles.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years building APIs backed by business logic in Java or Node.js
- 2+ years of interacting with databases using SQL either through direct access or frameworks that support SQL querying
- Demonstrable experience with performance and load testing
- Well-formed opinions on testing philosophy for APIs, deployment through continuous integration, and Agile
- E-Commerce or SaaS experience a major plus!
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or other Engineering discipline
Volusion’s Technology Stack:
- React (including React hooks), React with Redux, Relay, and server-side and client-side rendering
- Public-facing REST APIs backed by TypeScript and Node.js
- SQL and no-SQL Databases; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus
- Google Cloud Platform including Kubernetes, Firebase, and managed database services
- Search and caching using Elasticsearch, RediSearch, Algolia, and Redis
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast taco and beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, Bevi sparkling water, fruit and snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings