Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are searching for a Full-Stack software engineer to join the Compass team in the US.
We're building a new product, Compass, that will be the mission control for engineering teams. This is a really exciting opportunity to have a huge impact on one of the big bets coming out of Atlassian's Point A program (New Product Framework). This team is working on key parts of growth and integration within Compass.
Where you'll make an impact
As part of the Compass team, you will will be responsible for leading and working on greenfield development efforts to grow key use cases and integrations. You will contribute to key initiatives to smooth product onboarding. The team is developing features for customers to integrate data from other Atlassian products (think Jira, Confluence, and Opsgenie) and third party systems (think SCM tools like Github, monitoring tools like Datadog, and deployment tools like CircleCI).
You will be working closely with a team that's distributed throughout the US (PDT, MDT, CDT) and collaborates frequently with partner teams based in Sydney.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience designing and building a production-level web application
- Experience with modern web application frameworks, such as Spring boot
- Understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- Experience with common data storage technologies, e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL or Graph DB
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, LaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- Demonstrated excellence at solving problems iteratively and delivering software that can be responsive to customer feedback
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with large scale single-page web applications
- Experience driving and delivering features/software modules from technical design to launch
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g. XP, Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with some parts of our stack: Kotlin, Spring boot, GraphQL, Typescript and React
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with data heavy applications
- Experience with search technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch)
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .