The Confluence Cloud team is looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Confluence Insights group in Mountain View. The group aims to enlighten our users to take informed action by unleashing the potential of data for Confluence. We are responsible for building smart experiences end to end and also provide a platform for other Confluence teams. You'll be directly impacting the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence.
More About Our Team:
You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience designing and building production-level web applications.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining APIs and backend microservices in NodeJS, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience in taking ownership of features, with a team on small to medium complexity projects.
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Puppeteer, Cypress)
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time.
- Comprehensive understanding of microservices-based architecture.
- Enjoyment of sharing knowledge with teammates, and working collaboratively when you need help.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a closely related field of study
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and Timeseries databases like Apache Druid, Clickhouse, etc.
- Ability to work with designers to develop dynamic user experiences
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices is preferred.
More about our team
You'll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct - we have some big ambitious goals to improve customer happiness, through improving the performance of Confluence Cloud key experiences, as well as creating the future frontend architecture to support team growth.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .