Full Stack Software Engineer - GoDaddy Austin Location
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The Engineering Team is on a mission to build the absolute best software in the local space. We use our data and technology to effectively create and manage local business owners’ digital assets at scale. While our customers are hard at work realizing their passion and dream, our software delivers:
-A compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business to their consumers. We help consumers find their next favorite local business or love the current one even more.
-Data-driven insights about their consumers and their business -- insights they can use to compete with big businesses and thrive.
-A content platform that empowers our content managers to create engaging content while having fun using the tools.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer with us, you will
- Write gobs of code – we don’t know any other way to hone our craft better!
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else helps local businesses the way we do.
- Participate in the decision-making process – we want you to Speak Up.
- Mentor junior software engineers -- it’s the best way to collaborate and innovate.
- Take on the challenge of making what you build higher-quality, faster, and more scalable.
- Have a direct impact on the company’s top line performance.
- 3-10 years of experience developing front end web applications.
- Experience with REST APIs and an OOD language such as Java or Python
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Experience in responsive web design and development.
- Experience incorporating analytics instrumentation and enabling A/B testing preferred.
- Ability to design and implement highly scalable applications with a passion for the user experience.
- A self-driven and conscientious mentality and a commitment to innovate with high- quality work.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.