Full Stack Software Engineer – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
The Full Stack Software Engineer will join our internal team and work with our technology team. This role will have a direct impact on our company growth and work within a highly collaborative team of engineers.
A little more about this role:
- Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment of features across multiple subsystems within large-scale enterprise applications.
- Provide production support on new and existing products utilizing the Amherst technology stack: C#/.NET, Angular 6, WebAPI, WPF, and SQL Server
- Work directly with developers, project leads and various business partners to understand and resolve issues.
- Respond to production issues by conducting root cause analysis and identifying the underlying issue.
- Participate in a highly talented, experienced and energetic team on a fast-paced, agile development schedule.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, MIS, Math, Physics, or another related field
- Demonstrated 3+ years of technical experience with scalable enterprise applications using C#/.NET and any modern SPA JS Framework (Angular, React, Vue).
- Demonstrated 3-6 years of building service-oriented applications using C# and WepAPI
- Demonstrated SQL knowledge (SQL Server 2012/2016) and experience working with Entity Framework or other ORMs
- A deep understanding and knowledge of OO principles, design patterns, C# and the .NET framework
- Demonstrated experience with WPF, Xamarin, or UWP
Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred, but Not Required)
- Experience with Microsoft PRISM
- Experience with SignalR or Websockets
- Previous experience in mortgage industry, real estate or financial services
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!