Full Stack Software Engineer at Liveoak Technologies, Inc.
Liveoak Technologies has an immediate opening for an experienced software engineer to join our Austin-based development team.
Liveoak Technologies, Inc., founded in 2015, is a venture backed enterprise cloud platform. The company holds an issued patent for its Virtual Interactions™ platform, which accelerates digital transactions, reduces friction, and enables new types of buying and servicing experiences for large financial services firms. Liveoak has won multiple awards including the 2018 Benzinga Global Fintech Award for Best Customer Engagement Tool and was named one of Austin’s hottest startups for 2018. Liveoak has offices in Austin, TX and in New York City. For more information, visit www.liveoak.net.
Liveoak gets virtual business done™
What you will be doing:
- Developing and maintaining modern web and mobile web features for our virtual collaboration platform
- Delivering secure, scalable and reusable enterprise quality code utilizing Agile practices and a Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline
- Collaborating through code reviews, pair programming and good ole shop talk with a group of like minded engineers who thrive on using technology to solve complex problems that add value to the team, our platform and our customers
- Working closely with product and customer success teams to provide technical expertise and insight into roadmap, estimation and prioritization discussions
- Mentoring team members who are learning skills which you have mastered
Who you are:
- You have a depth of experience working with production Ruby on Rails applications at scale and feel comfortable implementing and maintaining RESTful JSON API endpoints in that framework
- You effectively communicate your ideas to your peers and are comfortable in a team environment, but can also go heads-down and crank out working code independently
- You are comfortable delivering code using git and Github within a continuous integration environment
- You offer constructive feedback during code reviews as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others
- You are self-motivated with the ability to work independently and a hunger to grow along with the team
What you will need:
- 5+ years of professional experience developing enterprise level software, websites and/or mobile applications
- 1+ years of recent professional React/Redux experience (Redux Saga experience is a bonus)
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, OR equivalent production web application development experience
- A great attitude and willingness to wear multiple hats, doing whatever it takes to continue moving our platform forward
Our office is located in downtown Austin a couple blocks from the light rail station. We have flexibility in our schedule and pride ourselves on self-accountability.