Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. If you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
What You'll Do....
- Develop new tools and features for our suite of internal tools.
- Work closely with the Product, Design, and Operations teams on planning new features.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders across the company.
Who You Are....
- Someone who gets things done.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made on the fly.
- You can be gritty & roll up your sleeves whenever necessary.
- A Talented Juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.
- A team player who has worked on diverse teams and knows how to communicate effectively.
What You Need....
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiarity with React or similar framework like Vue and compiled CSS
- Familiarity with Django or similar framework
- Willingness to learn one of the above if you’re not an expert in both
- Strong preference for simplicity in design both visually and in code
- 5-7 years building production-grade reactive web applications
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description