Globalization Technologist at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Are you passionate about language technologies and committed to shipping best-in-class
localized experiences to millions of a global audience? Do you love solving technical challenges and building localization solutions with efficient workflows and integrations? Come join the Cloudflare Globalization team.
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company and there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures and platforms. We are looking for an effective and innovative Globalization Technologist to work with marketers, developers, engineers and localization technology vendors to drive complex internationalization/localization projects and build scalable localization architecture.
You will play a key role in driving end-to-end localization launches for Cloudflare’s website, emails, sales assets, whitepapers, videos, among others. You will contribute architectural, implementation and design advice to stakeholders and engineers to ship exceptional localized experiences to our global users efficiently and effectively.
In addition, you will own Cloudflare’s localization architecture roadmap, build automated processes and scalable solutions to reduce overhead of adding new locale support.
- Drive end-to-end technical localization programs from planning, scheduling, prioritization, testing to launch and reporting
- Work closely with various stakeholders to assess international readiness, research user requirements, and identify internationalization issues for new content assets
- Responsible for localization tooling management, configuration, integration, testing, TM leverage optimization and rollout of new localization processes and workflows
- Contribute to localization technology vendor evaluation, onboarding, implementation training, support and feature enhancement
- Communicate, influence and guide global teams of varying technical levels on internationalization/localization requirements and development roadmap
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 7+ years of internationalization and localization engineering experience on the client side with a track record of shipping successful high impact projects
- BS or equivalent in CS, Linguistics, NLP, Localization or related discipline.
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language and culture
- Ability to work independently while part of a global team across different time zones
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, time management, problem-solving, and relationship building skills to operate in a matrix structure
- Technical Experience:
- Smartling (account management level, troubleshooting, liasoning with Support and CSM teams plus internal stakeholders), Translation Memory technology, MT engines (statistical, neural), Glossaries and file parsers (extensive knowledge of the common file formats and markup languages such as JS, HTML, XML, JSON, Java, properties...)
- Experience working with APIs to integrate CSM and TMS
- Familiarity with Agile software development, JIRA, Google Analytics
- Experience with Contentful is a plus
- Coding experience with Python and JS (or similar) is a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.