Go Software Engineer at Coder
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:02 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Coder is a remote-first company, with our home base in Austin, TX.
We are hiring Software Engineers, Senior Engineers, and Staff Engineers who are passionate about building clean and sophisticated code, primarily in Golang. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly and scalable software systems.
- Design and develop secure, stable, testable and maintainable software with minimal defects
- Contribute to product vision and feature decisions
- Work with customers to troubleshoot issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or at least 4 years experience actively programming
- A strong passion for computing and software
- Obsession with development workflow
- Mastery of the Go programming language
- Substantial experience with Linux
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Go on backend, Typescript/React on frontend
- Google Cloud for internal services
- Docker / Kubernetes
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.
Read Full Job Description