Head of Engineering (CTO)
Enzyme Health is changing the way healthcare works by building the next generation of clinical careers.
We're taking a people-first approach because we know that soon, every healthcare encounter will begin with some form of telehealth. Whether it's a video consultation, an AI-driven symptom checker, or a smart wearable device - technology is going to help us transform the state of healthcare in our country and Enzyme is dedicated to the clinicians powering the industry.
Our multi-faceted platform serves two distinct purposes; we help clinicians navigate their careers with ease and make it possible for digital health companies to scale more quickly.
As the Head of Engineering at Enzyme, you will shape the technology strategy and oversee all of our engineering efforts. You bring to the table robust expertise in software development, architecture, and operational management. You will develop strategic plans with regard to the technical development of our sites/software and establish the business's technical vision which guides all aspects of technological development.
To achieve the above, you'll collaborate closely with the CEO and Chief Product Officer to translate Enzyme's product vision, current architecture, team composition, engineering culture, and a variety of other complex inputs into a winning strategy that creates unparalleled value for all of Enzyme's stakeholders.
Enzyme Health is venture-backed and building an amazing team in Austin, TX.
What you'll do:
- Determine the best architecture for both existing and emerging products given the short and long term goals of each project and overall product vision
- Cultivate and manage development processes that empower a high-velocity team of engineers
- Ensure we're shipping high-quality code and products by creating transparent KPIs and implementing strong QA practices while promoting strong ownership and accountability
- Track and balance mitigating technical debt with new feature development
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a world-class engineering team
- Strive to stay up to date with emerging best-practices and evangelize them both within and outside of our organization
- Participate in the overall organizational strategy with the leadership team
- Oversee IT budgets and continuously find ways to optimize infrastructure spend
- 7-10 years experience leading an engineering function
- Extremely strong technical chops and proven engineering background
- Proven track record of building high-performing products, teams, and processes that scale
- Uncanny ability to empathize with our users
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Vast experience leading the building of products and services
- Experience in building marketplaces or workforce optimization products a plus, but not required
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 100% covered employee Medical Benefits, Dental, Vision, Disability
- 5 paid telehealth visits per year
- Personal growth stipend
- Unlimited personal time off
- Working with smart team members looking to change healthcare