We’re looking for a Head of Engineering, Growth & Mobile to join the Product and Technology organization at Procore. In this role, you’ll focus on expanding our reach, creating a construction marketplace to drive top-of-funnel activities that monetizes user awareness, acquisition, and activation. By partnering with Revenue teams, you’ll help increase revenue and improve retention, focusing on subscriptions, in-product upsell, and cross-sell. You’ll re-envision our platform on mobile devices to provide a world-class user experience to our customers. Through the evangelization of data-driven decision making, you’ll play a critical role in driving Procore product strategy forward.
Expectations around collaboration have shifted, creating a need for real-time interactions on par with the products used outside of work. In this role, you’ll also create a collaborative and personalized mobile Procore experience that empowers all individuals in construction to build trust, improve efficiency, and complete projects safely. If you’re excited by the opportunity to take ownership of the end-to-end product management—we’d like to speak with you!
The construction vertical is ripe for technological innovation. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. Procore is leading the market with our SaaS construction platform. We build for real people with real experiences, empowering Groundbreakers to develop and transform the communities we all live in.
This position will report to the SVP of Engineering and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S. location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, New York, NY, or Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Build and deliver products that can generate user awareness (organic traffic), acquisition (new members), and activation (onboarding and engagement) while continuing to enhance our brand reputation
- Work in tandem with Product teams to review various levers that accelerate our product Strategy and deliver scalable, maintainable, and secure solutions to our customers
- Build bridges and partnerships with leaders around the globe to strengthen collaboration with Product, Design, Marketing, and Sales to meet shared objectives
- Create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and leads to impactful improvements
- Improve and expand the team by attracting, developing, and retaining high performing talent who excel within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Inspire and motivate Engineers to do their best work by painting a compelling picture of our vision and strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology platform, customer base, construction industry, and the unique role our mobile app plays in Procore’s vision
- Take ownership of the elements required to deliver products, including Architectural vision, product roadmap, research, design and developer collaboration, release planning, and more
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 10 + years of experience leading Engineering organizations and has managed large scale systems
- Experience with building systems, processes, and teams to support rapid business and system traffic growth
- Strong understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL, and relational database schema design; experience working in a service-oriented architecture, with monoliths, and ideally transitioning applications from the latter
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A strategic mindset - you drive vision and purpose, see ahead to future possibilities, and can translate them into breakthrough strategies
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability, and can hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Proven experience consistently driving and achieving results, even under challenging circumstances
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.