Incident Manager, Site Reliability Engineering at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for talented Incident Managers with experience in Site Reliability Engineering to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As an Incident Manager, Site Reliability Engineering, you’ll ensure we maintain a strong holistic understanding of our changing systems, adapting to surprises and unexpected challenges, reducing the impact incidents can have on the business. You’ll find opportunities to continuously build on best practices and clarify areas of ambiguity in the system. You’ll keep teams aligned while enabling our entire organization to continually improve our systems and services.
This position will report to our Engineering Director, SRE with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based experience with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Own Procore’s full incident response lifecycle, from defining and updating processes to coaching teams on incident management
- Collaborate with teams to explore the changing limits of their systems and help drive prioritization decisions
- Lead initiatives that focus on process improvements, risk mitigation, and improving customer experience
- Collect data, analyse trends, and identify patterns of risks and vulnerabilities
- Socialize lessons learned among technology and business teams
- Join our Incident Commander rotation leading incidents to completion
- Drive post-incident investigations and analysis by conducting interviews, identifying contributing factors, reviewing incident response, and establishing remediation plans
- Partner with Product & Technology leadership to help improve response during outages by advocating for the balance of reliability enhancements with feature work
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; Technical Certifications are a plus
- 10+ years of professional work experience in a technology role or incident management role; Software Engineering, Systems, Ops, SRE, or similar position
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, or similar) and with datastores (eg: Postgres, Redis, Elasticache) and data streaming (eg: SNS/SQS, Kafka)
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate to different levels of the organization and technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep interest in both how humans work together, and the software services we provide our customers (e.g. facilitation, negotiation, project management)
- Comfortable investigating and collaborating ambiguous and complex distributed systems to improve clarity
- Ability to analyze and present data with relevant context
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.