Information Security Architect
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with a presence in Santa Barbara, Boston, New York City, London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China. Although this is a technical role it does not require an extensive security background or education level, provided you're eager to learn and passionate about security.
What You'll Do:
LogicMonitor’s InfoSec Team works to ensure the security of LogicMonitor’s systems, operations, and our customers. Our Security Architect gets to design, build, and manage technical security controls within our cutting-edge DevOps environments. Partnering closely with our InfoSec and SRE teams, the incumbent will evaluate, develop, and implement various security tools including access management systems, encryption services, IDS / IPS, vulnerability management, and security analytics systems that protect LogicMonitor's cloud and co-lo service centers. And you'll get to use your coding skills to automate anything you have to do more than once.
- Serves as technical Subject Matter Expert for LogicMonitor's operational security architecture
- Leads the technical design and management of security controls for LogicMonitor's datacenter & cloud-based operational environments
- Assume technical ownership of critical areas of our operational security including privileged access management, asset & vulnerability management, intrusion detection & prevention, security analytics & visibility, etc.
- Partner with other technical architects to ensure a consistent design architecture across the enterprise
- Conduct threat modeling against operational assets to inform prioritization and development of new controls
- Serves as an active member of security incident response team and participates in security incident response efforts by having an in-depth knowledge of common security exploits, vulnerabilities and countermeasures. Acts as a technical consultant on information security incident investigations and forensic technical analyses.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years experience in information technology field either in operations, software development, or information security
- Comprehensive understanding of modern information security tools, including firewalls, VPNs, authentication & authorization systems, encryption key management, etc.
- Direct hands-on experience in designing flexible security solutions in scalable and highly-available systems
- Strong background in Linux/Unix operating systems, applications, and networking
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end information technology (IT) process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
- Strong scripting or programming skills for automating repetitive tasks
- Experience with analysis, design, and deployment of security controls in IaaS environments such as AWS
- Experience with source code management systems (e.g. SVN, Git)
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL database systems
- Familiarity with containerized microservice architectures