About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking an experienced and motivated technologist with a possessing a unique balance of technical depth, customer focus and a passion for security. As an Infrastructure & Cloud Architect in Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations, you’ll bring a security mindset to teams across our organization in designing and delivering innovative cloud based and physical infrastructure solutions with increasing security, reliability, scalability, and supportability.
In this role, you will serve as a thought leader and driving force behind the infrastructure security roadmap for Blackbaud’s public and on-premise cloud environments. Together with our Cyber Security team and other key stakeholders, you’ll guide our infrastructure teams in integrating security and compliance into our culture; ensuring we deliver solutions that foster customer and consumer trust.
What you’ll be doing:
- Foster a culture that integrates security and compliance into all we do and leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction with respect to infrastructure security and negotiate technical decision points.
- Drive technical design and validation ensuring implementation aligns with our infrastructure security strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Guide teams in proactively managing risks with internal stakeholders in a manner that is invisible to customers.
- Guide teams in deriving innovative designs to engineer secure, reliable, scalable, supportable, and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
- Contribute as needed to the daily 24/7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics and supporting teams in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments.
- Ensure ongoing collaboration between security, engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our solutions.
- Sustain knowledge of industry trends and effectively adapt and guide our teams to meet the demands to rapidly evolving technologies and emerging security threats
- Drive incident response focusing on restoration of service, followed by root cause and permanent resolution.
- Identify and direct initiatives to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Minimum of 15 years or more relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of infrastructure and security leadership in private and public cloud technologies supporting large and complex 24x7 environments
- Minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Expert knowledge of Defense in Depth principles and technology including access/control, authorization, identification and authentication, network, and enterprise security architecture
- Practical experience with ITIL required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders
- Innovative and adaptable in problem-solving; able to lean into the details while keeping the big picture in sight