Infrastructure Engineer, Provisioning at Unity Technologies
As an Infrastructure Engineer, Provisioning you will be responsible for the technical provisioning, QA and delivery of our rapidly expanding game server farm that hosts some of the biggest global game titles in the world. You’ll be a critical part of our scale and growth as your success directly correlates and drives the success of our customers, and your unique blend of maintaining strong relationships with external suppliers, customers and internal teams alike merged with your acute attention to technical detail will be critical to your ability to thrive in this role.
Using your own personal high standard of “definition of done” through quality assurance and your technical capabilities, you will be ensuring nothing but the best quality of delivery for our customers. Managing multiple projects with incredibly time sensitive deadlines will be a skill you’ve acquired over your career and you are adept at finding creative solutions to issues on the fly.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’re someone who keeps their finger on the pulse of cloud/hosting/IaaS technology and back-end systems, we want to hear from you!
- You will be responsible for the technical provisioning, QA, delivery and cancellation processes for all bare metal dedicated server hardware across our Multiplay products
- Working closely with third party vendors to ensure swift resolution of issues will be a critical part of the role
- Must be acutely aware of the order pipeline, working in complete parallel with our Supply Chain team to ensure appropriate prioritization and resourcing for upcoming workloads
- You’ll be supporting the infrastructure Supply Chain team with elements of the procurement processes, farm management relating to orders and cancellations of bare metal servers
- Always improving the handover process between suppliers, Unity teams, and customers to ensure a smooth delivery experience
- Improving and owning the new supplier technical onboarding and location stress tests prior to putting new locations and / or hardware into customers fleets
- Will have a clear understanding of the “health” of our suppliers, and update scorecards to reflect suppliers that adhere to the high quality to meet our users expectations
- Hands-on, technical experience with hosting and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) products and services in a technical support or delivery capacity
- Experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.) and experience writing technical scripts for automation and issue resolution purposes
- Strong capabilities in managing multiple complex technical projects simultaneously with testing and timely deadlines
- Experience working with a multitude of external suppliers and holding them accountable to tight deadlines and standards
- Strong communication skills are required in this role as you’ll be communicating between a combination of suppliers, internal teams and customers with articulate precision
- Experience working in bare metal and/or cloud server provisioning/QA/delivery
- Have a data driven mindset
- Experience with using Jenkins or Puppet
- Strong emphasis on the troubleshooting experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.