Infrastructure Security Engineer I at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is seriously growing its information security team, get in whilst the Security team is still small and you’ll have the ability to influence the culture and direction moving forward.
Our engineers are called on to wear many hats, you’ll be very well rounded, with experience as a software developer, penetration tester, and able to work independently to provide technical expertise to other software developers.
BigCommerce named a “Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco, and “Best Place to Work” In Austin is looking for a full-time Infrastructure Security Engineer who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise.
- Provide security guidance to BigCommerce IT, engineering & techOps teams.
- Review input to project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of infrastructure security.
- Help build internal security tooling, to help us be proactive in the battle.
- Utilise data to help generate insights into threats, and build solutions.
- Performing technical health checks for Cloud platforms/environments
- Conducting cloud security analysis of projects based on CIS Critical Security Controls
- This can include IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Workday and 365
- Evangelize security within BigCommerce and be an advocate for BigCommerce customers.
- Protect BigCommerce Merchants, Shoppers and the company.
Who you are:
- Holder of a current CEH, CISSP, or GISP certification, or willingness to obtain certification
- 2+ years of experience in infrastructure security-related fields (threat hunting, penetration testing, log monitoring/review, security engineering).
- Have 1-2 years of software development or scripting experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, or similar.
- Experience with the CIS Critical Security Controls for effective cybersecurity.
- The ability to explain security issues to engineers.
- Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency.
- Experience working on global teams.
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.