Infrastructure Security Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Security Department at Cloudflare is a growing team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. Within that department, our top priorities right now are to continue to develop and secure our technical infrastructure and to develop our organization outside of the Bay Area.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Security Engineering Manager to lead our security engineers based in Austin. This role is critical to our efforts to secure our global network, and important for developing and growing our Austin security engineering team. This position will need to engage across the Cloudflare organization on technical, operational, and business strategy and have credibility with all stakeholders. The ability to communicate, mentor and guide engineers will be critical in order to be successful.
What you'll do
- Lead security reviews of core infrastructure and services globally.
- Establish and maintain security architecture best practices.
- Work with engineering teams to architect highly performant, secure automated development systems
- Work with the Network and Engineering team to maintain a consistent, secure architecture.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Familiar with security architecture best practices and current industry recommendations.
- Experience managing a team of five or more people.
- Ability to investigate, prioritize, and measure impact of security architecture issues.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to be hands on and drive solutions to completion.
- Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods.
- Strong foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Strong familiarity with virtualized environments whether hypervisor based or container based and in particular knowledge of the security issues that are specific to them.
- Good understanding of high frequency build/delivery and DevOps
The following requirements are not mandatory but would be advantageous
- Knowledge of software defined networks
- Knowledge of docker, kubernetes and relevant security requirements
- Some knowledge of common compliance requirements
- An understanding of trusted computing concepts
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.