Integrated Operations Center Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a security focused IOC Engineer to support CLEAR’s continued growth. Reporting to the Integrated Operations Center Manager, this role will focus on continuous monitoring, incident handling, service maintenance and first response to security alerts.
What You Will Do:
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues in high traffic, large scale distributed systems, client-server architectures, and public facing websites
- Support DevSecOps using modern CI/CD pipeline tools like AWS, Jenkins, and Docker
- Create, setup and run performance tests to help determine optimal performance configurations
- Design, build, and implement automation to prevent operational issues for all services in production
- Develop, manage, and execute work plans for changes and maintenances
- Partner with the Site Reliability Engineering team to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our monitoring and alerting platform
- Drive incident response including coordinating resources to focus on restoring service, managing incident communications, and participating in incidents from inception through root cause analysis
- Participate in on call schedule for after hours incident management and alert remediation
Who You Are:
- You love problem solving and thrive in environments of both high collaboration and strong autonomy
- You are technically capable of and willing to learn new systems
- You are knowledgeable about best practices in support of IT operations in a 24/7 mission critical environment
- You understand industry security standards and best practices or have supported a security team previously.
- You have worked with monitoring and alerting tools (ex. Nagios, Grafana, Signal Fx, PagerDuty, Datadog)
- You are familiar with infrastructure as a code toolsets (Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault)
- You are capable of automating processes with scripting (Bash, Perl, Python or Ruby)
- You have an understanding of network infrastructure including ALB/ELBComfortable with REST APIs. microservices, and modern design patterns
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and through written communications, including reports