Internal APIs Developer - Remote at Dealer Inspire
Internal APIs Developer
This position can be remote, but US-based candidates only.
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
You value code quality, scalability, and reliability. You are not beholden to one language, design pattern, or framework, but instead, you believe that a true craftsman always chooses the right tool for the job. You understand business value and are all about creating it. You value working on a team with other developers and can communicate complex ideas with ease. You love learning and experimenting with new technologies, but would never neglect the fundamentals. You don’t have an over-sized ego. Given some mockups and good guidance, you should be able to implement small features. The most important attributes we’re looking for in this role are an eagerness to learn, and the ability to put your hand up and ask for help when you do get stuck.
The Internal APIs Developer will assist the team in developing APIs for use in a service-oriented architecture in a scrum-based environment. The Internal APIs Developer will help with the creation of new features, works with senior and mid-level colleagues to fix bugs, and addresses support concerns via company communication tools. Strong problem solving, organization, and documentation skills are key to success.
- Background in Object Oriented development
- Experience building APIs and API integrations
- Relational Database design and architecture ( MySQL )
- Comfortable with Unit Testing, Version Control, Pull Requests, and Peer ReviewDemonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to stakeholders and coworkers
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies
- The ability to remain cool under pressure
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools ( JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence )
- Experience with Node.js, Doctrine, Apigility, Zend Framework 2, and Laravel
- Agile > Scrum training
Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.