Internal Tools Engineer, Jira
We’re looking for an Internal Tools Engineer to join our IT Department as the primary administrator and product owner of our Jira platform. In this role, you’ll serve as a team resource to help develop, design, implement and maintain a variety of systems, integrations, automation, and custom application connectors between corporate systems.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders, and IT leadership to manage the Jira platform
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements to develop, deploy and maintain projects, service desks, pages, workflows, add-ons, and integrations for Jira
- Define technical standards and best practices for Jira
- Own the overall health, performance, and security of Jira
- Develop and enhance workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, customized pages for company-wide use
- Use Jira Java, JQL and REST APIs/integrations
- Understand and develop solutions and automations with Script Runner
- Evaluate, install and configure plugins from the Atlassian Marketplace
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in Jira to provide end users and business leaders with meaningful operational performance metrics and status reports
Beyond owning Jira, you’ll act as a team resource supporting the systems and tools that keep our business growing and our information safe. Specifically:
- Engineer new solutions on IaaS platforms like AWS
- Administer SaaS solutions such as Okta, Google Apps, Slack, RingCentral, and Zoom
- Design and configure SAML SSO and other Identity Access Management related tools and systems
- Build, scale, and secure our corporate infrastructure and systems
- Evaluate new technologies and help make acquisition decisions in alignment with our IT strategy
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience as the primary administrator of an enterprise level Jira instance
- 5+ years of automation & scripting experience in Ruby, Python, PHP or similar
- Proven experience as a business partner supporting departments to solve Jira concerns, implement solutions and manage expectations.
- Systems administration background in a Linux environment
- Solid understanding of basic TCP/IP networking principles
- Demonstrated experience building and/or deploying applications and services in AWS, GCP or Azure
- Demonstrated experience in SQL/MySQL
- Demonstrated experience building and supporting integrations built on REST services
- Experience with SAML/Single Sign-on integrations, Okta is preferred
- Strong ability to communicate technical ideas and defend the rationale for technical decisions
- Experience managing and supporting 3rd- party applications
- Experience working with Agile development processes (SCRUM)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.