Planoly is looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded iOS Engineer to join a rapidly growing startup and work on an application that brands, influencers, celebrities, agencies and marketing firms are using every day. You will have the opportunity to take a leading role in our mobile engineering team, and have a huge impact on the Planoly applications, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Passion for social products and building great software with Objective C and Swift is a must!
What You Will Do:
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle for our native iOS applications – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to the App Store and support. One of our apps is 100% Swift and the other is 60% Objective C and 40% Swift. (***Please only apply if you have expertise and a keen interest in daily coding with BOTH of these languages.***)
- Create compelling iOS client-specific user interfaces and experiences.
- Collaborate closely and autonomously with teams of engineers, designers, and cross-functional users.
- Have ownership over projects that have a significant impact to the business.
- Be an active learner who is up for continually expanding your breadth of technical knowledge
- Have a passion for your craft. You feel ownership over everything you ship!
Who You Are (Must have skills/experience to be considered):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent STEM field, or 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Passionate about writing elegant, readable, maintainable, testable and efficient Swift and Objective-C that adhere to solid design principles. One of our apps is 100% Swift and the other is 60% Objective C and 40% Swift. (***Please only apply if you have expertise and a keen interest in daily coding with BOTH of these languages.***)
- Deep understanding of a variety of iOS SDK & frameworks (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc.) and Xcode.
- Track record of publishing apps to the App Store that you can walk us through.
- Experience with client/server architectures, API, syncing and caching patterns.
- Deep understanding and application of Computer science core: Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns and Concurrency/Multi-threading.
- Mobile application profiling, performance, and tuning (memory, CPU, battery life).
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team.
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, and Bitbucket.
Bonus Skills and Experience (Nice to have)
- Experience with working with images and videos and respective native / 3rd party frameworks.
- Experience with TechOps / infrastructure systems – Amazon Web Services, Chef and Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of the Social Media landscape.
- Experience with UI / UX.
Who We Are
- We are digital marketing and social media experts. Planoly was built from a Brand and Influencer’s perspective so we understand how to enhance and streamline the workflow of a digital marketer.
- We’re growing super fast and have been profitable since inception.
- We offer an open work environment where highly motivated team members take full ownership of the products and help steer the company.
- We are a huge advocate of work-life balance, which is seen in our open vacation and work-from-any-coffee-shops policies.
- We’ll provide you with catered lunches, snacks, drinks, regular team outings, and even an in-office trampoline. And yes, we have a ping pong table.
*** This position is not eligible for employment visa support. *** This position is not eligible for paid relocation.***
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Planoly is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified individuals seeking employment without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification.