iOS SDK Software Engineer at MongoDB
The database market is extensive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
At MongoDB we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. MongoDB on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on MongoDB in their apps.
As an iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of SDK for Apple platforms, with a focus on iOS. We are looking for a person who is a self-starter, enjoys both planned and interrupt-driven work schedules, and has a laser focus on ensuring a great developer experience. You will be based remotely in Europe and will be working closely with other iOS developers in San Francisco, New York and Dublin.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 3 - 5 years of experience building real-time native iOS applications
- Have strong proficiency in Swift, Objective-C and the iOS development ecosystem as a whole.
- Have a detailed understanding of the iOS platform, including different device capabilities, battery life, and performance
- Have experience with C++ (ideally worked professionally with C++ before switching to iOS)
- Have a strong interest in building libraries for other developers (and checking quality of your work with test automation)
- Have a love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Be an effective communicator, engineer, and problem solver
- Bonus -able to read and understand C++ (ideally worked professionally with C++ before switching to iOS)
- Design, build and maintain Realm iOS SDK
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organisation
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly, communicate challenges or roadblocks
The Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the MongoDB SDKs and Sync code base
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with a geographically distributed team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*