IT Prodigy / Process Automater at Smartish
Smartish is seeking a jack-of-all-trades, tech-savvy, self-driven, full-time IT Prodigy to manage all things tech within the business. Beyond basic IT management, this position will be responsible for creating boat-loads of programs/scripts to automate repetitive tasks. Investigating the company's operations and finding ways to constantly make them more efficient. You'll be working with a small team of fellow tech-savvy folk and have exposure to almost all the moving parts of the company.
This is an incredible opportunity for quick job growth at an extremely successful startup. If you're tired of being a tiny gear in the giant machine of the tech world, and are looking to have a new profound impact/challenge every day you're in the office, this is the job for you. This is a choose-your-own-adventure type position where you truly create change you want to see in the company.
- Program scripts to automate integration with Amazon MWS (Marketplace Web Services)
- Program wizardly-like Excel VBA/macros to automate spreadsheet tasks
- Manage Shopify store updates (UI, app integrations, cross-promotions, etc)
- Manage EDI and API integrations with business partners
- Lead all IT aspects of the business
- Program other little tools to automate company processes
- Procure/setup computers & accounts for new employees
- Update/improve large-scale Excel data models (pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Resolve technical issues within day-to-day operations
- Proactively research & integrate new software and partners to improve company efficiency
- Ability to pickup new software languages on-the-fly (Whatever it takes to get the job done).
- Social and interpersonal skills with other live humans
- Ability to follow detailed instructions (This starts with following the application instructions)
- Highly organized, detail oriented, task minded, and self-motivated individual (We'll train you, but aren't baby-sitters)
- Work well in a small team (We have to hang out with you every day, so don't be boring)
- Amazon selling platform experience is a plus
- Only local Austin residents will be considered
- $50,000 - $70,000 / year
- Some flexibility to work remotely
- Paid Holidays & PTO
Smartish makes everyday life a little easier with phone cases and stuff just clever enough to solve unexpected needs. Based in Austin, Texas, our team is a jaunty, down-to-earth, and highly-caffeinated group of folks that, since 2009, have taken our products seriously, but ourselves...not so much.