DISCO is looking for a talented IT Security Engineer to take ownership of our internal security operations. We are looking for an experienced individual with a passion for security and isn’t afraid of a challenge. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently.Your Impact
As a foundational member of the IT Security team, you will help drive the direction of our security operations practice and have an impact from day one. You will ensure the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections. This includes checking logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting. This person will also analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.What You’ll Be Doing
- Deploy, manage, and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Perform vulnerability scans on endpoints, networks and cloud applications and remediate findings.
- Design, perform, and/or oversee penetration testing of all IT systems to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Respond to security incidents, provide post mortem analysis and develop incident run books.
- Proactively Identify threats and design systems and processes to remediate.
- Collect evidence and assist in responding to internal and external audits.
- Provide a security perspective to IT architecture and systems design.
- Perform ongoing vendor security reviews and manage relationships with third-party security vendors.
- Assist the sales team in responding to RFPs; maintain a library of security and compliance RFP responses.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Security Operations role.
- Knowledge of endpoint, cloud and SaaS security issue, and threat landscape.
- Experience with security operations tools such as SEIM, EDR, IPS, IDS, and DLP.
- Experience with compliance frameworks such as HITRUST, ISO27001, SOC2 or FedRAMP.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the skills to deal with ambiguity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Scripting ability in languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash.
- Experience securing the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Strong TCP/IP networking, DNS, and HTTP knowledge.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO has raised more than $135 million in venture capital and is using this investment to apply our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform the practice of law. We have an office in London and continue to expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day, as well as free snacks and beverages*
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
*when we return to the office, post-COVID19
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.