IT Security Engineer at DISCO
DISCO is looking for a talented IT Security Administrator to take ownership of our internal security operations. We are looking for an experienced individual with a passion for security and isn’t afraid of a challenge. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently.Your Impact
As a foundational member of the IT Security team, you will help drive the direction of our security practice and have an impact from day one. You will ensure the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections. This includes checking logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting. This person will also analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.What You'll Do
Strategy & Planning
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Assess the need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Coordinate with the Product Security team to ensure alignment across the organization.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain protection services and products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Deploy, manage, and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Perform vulnerability scans on endpoints, networks and cloud applications and remediate findings.
- Design, perform, and/or oversee penetration testing of all IT systems to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Respond to security incidents, provide post mortem analysis and develop incident run books.
- Proactively Identify threats and design systems and processes to remediate.
- Collect evidence and assist in responding to internal and external audits.
- Provide on-call security support to end-users and incident response.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Assist the sales team in responding to RFPs; maintain a library of security and compliance RFP responses.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 4+ years of Information Security experience.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Linux, macOS and Windows.
- Knowledge of endpoint, cloud and SaaS security issues and threat landscape.
- Experience with security tools such as Splunk, CarbonBlack and Tenable.
- Experience with compliance frameworks such as HITRUST, ISO27001, SOC2 or FedRAMP.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the skills to deal with ambiguity.
- Information security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, ECIH.
- Scripting ability in languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash.
- Experience securing the public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Strong TCP/IP networking, DNS, and HTTP knowledge.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.