Java Developer (Remote) at Liquibase
We’re looking for a Java developer to help us build our next-generation product. Our tools make it easy for developers to bring database changes into their agile development process - DevOps for the Database. You’ll work closely with product, UX design, QA, technical writers, and other developers on a fast-paced, agile development team.
At Liquibase, we value individual freedom and embrace remote work. We hire internationally, based on merit, to create a diverse team of top-performing people no matter where they live. As a global team, we still highly value collaboration and expect everyone to work similar hours (at least 4 hours overlap with the team in US Central Time).
Who you are:
You have 3-5 years of experience at one or more software companies developing products for technical users - desktop SaaS products would be perfect. You have a thorough understanding of relational databases, the JDBC driver, and enterprise software. You have a strong command of the English language and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can tell us about past projects that demonstrate your ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and manage time effectively.
As an experienced Java software developer, you're an expert with Git and Maven. You also know your way around Docker, AWS, Jenkins, and GitHub Actions. You need to be comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments - we’re multi-platform.
We expect you to bring your development expertise to the team and
- Contribute to technical design reviews and help your team prepare technical tickets for the next sprint
- Demand quality and practice test-driven development (we use JUnit, Spock, and Cucumber)
- Pair-program with both junior and senior software engineers and collaborate on code reviews
- Work closely with QA to address issues found in the sprint during automated and manual testing
- Participate in end-of-sprint retrospectives to share your feedback and help the team improve
You must have:
- 3-5 years of professional Java development experience at a software company
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, and DB2
- Professional proficiency in English (C1)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with our tool chain: Java 8+, JUnit / Spock / Cucumber, Docker, AWS, Git, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with Eclipse RCP, OSGi bundles and Java manifest files
- Experience writing SQL and experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud technologies - Azure SQL Database, Azure MI, AWS EC2 instances, and Amazon RDS
- Full-stack experience including Angular/Typescript on the front-end and Spring Boot experience building REST APIs on the back-end
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company