Job Description Summary
The Java Developer will be responsible for the development of Java code to support a critical Drools implementation within the an application. This application is used to process and analyze data to provide recommendations that are fundamental to the production solution.
He or she will analyze, test, & assist with the integration of new applications. He or she will also prepare documentation on development activity for code reviews and assist with tracking performance metrics. This position involves integrating the knowledge of business with functional priorities. The Java Developer will act as a key contributor in a complex & crucial environment and may lead teams of developers & mentor new team members.
* Develops new software & web applications, supports applications under development, & customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications.
* Oversees the researching, writing, & editing of documentation & technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, & formal recommendations & reports.
* Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors & evaluates competitive applications & products. Reviews literature, patents, & current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
* Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification & technical requirements
* Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, & skills & their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
* Possesses a good vocabulary of design & architectural terms & is familiar with the practical application of these terms.
* Exercises independent judgment & discretion in matters of significance.
* Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Must have 5 plus years of Java/J2EE software engineering experience
* Substantial RDBMS & SQL experience
* Experience working on Drools would be nice to have
* Rest/SOAP API definition & implementation
* Experience working on back end systems
* Experience in Distributed computing solutions, and Distributed version control system
* B.S in a MIS, CS and or discipline, or equivalent work experience
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!