Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.
Filtration Group is seeking a Java Applications Programmer for our Software Solutions team, based in Austin, TX. Reporting to the Director of Software Solutions, the Applications Programmer will need to possess the right mix of design sensibilities with efficient and practical code solutions, be iterative, critical, analytical, versatile and hands-on. The Applications Programmer is responsible for the functionality of all of Filtration Group’s E-Commerce sites, both from a performance and scalability perspective. This includes the Intershop software suite, but also on potential projects utilizing our Enterprise Integration tools. Our ideal candidate enjoys working with Java and actively studies industry conventions and new frameworks. They will thrive in a dynamic environment, approach solutions with creativity and ingenuity, engage in analytic decision making and take initiative to improve their work product through iterative updates.
- Evaluation and documentation of application behavior
- First and second level helpdesk ticket resolution
- Problem analysis, root cause determination and remediation
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments
- Utilize development kits and build tools
- Basic system requirement identification and document analysis
- End user requirement analysis and recommendation
- Refactor existing code to implement best practices and improve application performance
- Software Code Manipulation
- Integration to external systems (both on-prem and Cloud-based)
- User and System’s Needs Analysis
- Market research for off-the-shelf solutions
- Work with designers and content producers to convert design into working code
- Build applications
- Researches new languages and brings findings into the team
- Business process modeling and documentation
- Internal Process Benchmarking
- IT liaison to end-user and business personnel
- Research & recommendations for system upgrades
- Unit Test Scheduling & Execution
- End user training
- Travel requirement less than 10%.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in a software development team
- 4-7 years’ experience as an Applications Programmer.
- 4-7 years’ experience with one or more of the following: Java, C#,
- 4-7 years’ experience with one or more of the following: Oracle SQL, MS SQL Server
- 1+ years’ experience working with version control software (GIT preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated understanding of E-Commerce metrics such as conversion rate, bounce rate and impressions
- Critical consideration of code quality
- An interest in efficient software solutions
- An iterative nature
- Works well with teammates
- Communicates often and unapologetically
- Enjoys software development and studies trends
- Enjoys user experience testing
- Considers analytic means of solving problems
About this Position
- Work in a smaller, entrepreneurial team with the support of a larger organization.
- Engage in diverse and rewarding software projects, using a variety of tools and software suites.
- 401K, Medical, Life and Dental Insurance.
- Work in a global business with projects involving Filtration Group subsidiaries.
- Opportunity to overhaul and advance technology in a meaningful way.