Associate Web Developer
As a Developer of Amherst, you will be developing strategic and complex applications where your contributions will have a direct impact on the growth of our platforms through rapid prototyping, R&D, proof-of-concept with the latest web technologies.
Who you are:
- An engineer with high energy, passion and hungry ambitious attitude with a thirst to learn and apply that knowledge on any and all projects assigned
- Quantitative and analytical thinker that is intellectually curious about technology and how systems work
- An outspoken, entrepreneurial and collaborative team player who enjoys problem solving
- You enjoy researching emerging technologies and willing to explore new languages
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with agility to change directions quickly
- Assist with developing front-end portion of desktop and web applications incorporating best practices and standards-based programming
- Collaborate with product teams and take part in an agile project planning process to translate business requirements into highly performant solution
- Collaborate with business partners (technical and non-technical) to help refine requirements, technical specifications and process documentation.
- Participate in code reviews to share knowledge, mentor team members, and ensure high-quality code.
- Participate in application architecture design.
- Comment and document code to ensure readability and maintainability.
- Encourage innovation, process improvement, teamwork, and self-organization.
- Manage shifting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Stay current on web trends, learn new technologies, and present demonstrations to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, MIS, Math, Physics, or relative years of experience
- Demonstrated 3+ years of technical experience with scalable enterprise web applications using C#, .NET, WebServices (SOAP/REST), WPF/WCF and API’s
- MS SQL Server a plus but not required
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!