Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The DevOps team is responsible for the tooling and automation underlying the deployment, monitoring, and management of Care.com's services and applications. They provide 24x7 operational support to the engineering teams responsible for the applications themselves and work with those teams to ensure that requirements around compliance and availability are met.
Junior-level engineers are expected to spend time learning and practicing their skills under the mentorship of more senior members of the team, and take ownership of day-to-day tasks that they have mastered, and assist the team in supporting engineering groups.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Develop skills around day-to-day operational tasks that the DevOps team is responsible for and take ownership of some aspects of day-to-day operations
- Assist more senior team members in developing and maintaining infrastructure and system configuration on AWS IaaS, including container orchestration platforms and datastores and associated systems required by Care.com services
- Assist with improving and supporting Care.com’s deployment pipelines/automation
- Support QA and Engineering in troubleshooting application performance issues and errors
- Work with the security engineering and compliance teams to ensure that compliance requirements are understood and met
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Linux command line skills
- Some familiarity with configuration management tooling and infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Good technical troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to take part in 24x7 on-call rotations where business-hours on-call responsibilities include large amounts of context switching and constant attention to interrupts
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).