Junior Software Engineer
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our team in Austin. This is a great opportunity where you’ll work on a mix of activities ranging from research and development of new technologies and services to productization and delivery of service capabilities on the hyper scale platform. You'll get the chance to learn new technologies, work on all phases of product development and delivery, and be exposed and influence business and technical decisions driving the design. In this role, you will work on bleeding edge technologies in proof of concept projects, many of which are some of the most important and established initiatives that drive business for CCC.
* Be part of a team of highly talented individuals building a cutting-edge computer vision platform
* Make complex computing frameworks and technologies accessible to a larger development audience by creating simple enablement platforms.
* Evaluate and implement open-source frameworks to build platforms on top of complex data topologies.
* Drive projects from inception to design to implementation.
* Participate in building real-time data pipelines that produces up-to-the-second reports.
* Be a part of Proof of Concept and Prototype efforts for emerging technologies such as blockchain.
* Work with data scientists and other technical staff to integrate analysis and machine learning algorithms into platforms.
* MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline is strongly preferred.
* Minimum 1 years of experience designing, implementing and operating cloud-scale data platforms
* Minimum 2 years of Java programming
* Minimum 1 year of Python programming experience
* Strong programming and design expertise with open-source REST API platforms – Restlet, Jersey, etc.
* Familiarity with distributed real time computation platforms such as Apache Storm.
* Familiarity with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services.
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!