Junior Software Engineer
WHO ARE WE?
Personify is the leading solution provider that empowers the best constituent-focused organizations to succeed. Through our constituent engagement software and services, we help our clients better interact with their constituents at every touch point. After 20+ years of innovation within the industry and hundreds of successful outcomes, our clients have trusted us to be their primary technology partner.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Do you want to develop an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? The Junior Developer should be willing to learn, adapt and master new programming languages, frameworks and technologies in a reasonable amount of time. As a junior developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of application solutions within an object-oriented environment
Working as a productive member of the Product Development team, the Junior Developer will communicate directly with customers to provide support in installing, configuring or troubleshooting Personify’s software. You need to possess very strong technical and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills as they will often have to explain business functions to programmers and technology considerations to non-technical business users and managers
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
· Collaborate with our product team and other developers to implement new and consistent design principals across all of our products.
· Develop new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
· Test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct and that program results are accurate.
· Extend the capabilities to add new product features and functions to the Personify Platform.
· Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
· Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
· Staying up to date with cutting edge technologies to improve and modernize existing applications functionally, performance and UI.
· Support software lifecycle, to include design, developing and testing.
· Follow pre-established coding standards and other guidelines
· Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
· Developing new programs and proofing the program to develop need changes to assure production of quality product
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE WANT?
· 1+ years of experience
· Knowledge of user interface, layout, typeface, web, and mobile design standards
· Familiarity with JQuery and AJAX libraries
· Graphic design, using tools like Adobe Photoshop
· Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal
· Understanding of mobile browsers and design, including responsive design and mobile web
· Experience working & communicating with stakeholders on multiple concurrent projects
· High attention to detail
· Ability to think strategically and creatively
· Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, and stay on track
· Experience working with nonprofit industry is a plus, but not required
· Experience with video and audio editing and production is a plus, but not required