Junior Software Engineer
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
We are a customer-first company and we want all efforts and communications to represent this philosophy. Collaboration is an important facet of this. The Engineering team works and sits directly with the Product, Marketing and IT teams. A few examples of feature-adds/projects the team has recently worked on include:
- Site-builder using serverless infrastructure and React front-end
- Inline content and style editing platform hosted in the cloud (GCP, Node.js)
- Event tracking proxy that feeds our various marketing and sales systems (GCP, Kubernetes)
- Modernization, automation and continuous deployment practices using tools such as Docker, CodeShip and CircleCI
As a Junior Software Engineer you should be able to demonstrate solid problem solving skills. If you have a few open source projects to share your skills that's even better.
You will be part of a team of Non-Senior to Senior Software Engineers.
- Continuously deliver high-quality software using the latest proven frameworks, data storage, and open source technologies
- Plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly-available ecommerce applications
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Actively looking for ways to make everything better
- Experience working in modern agile and lean methodologies
- Own your impact working with designers, peers, product managers and other departments to release features.
- Be familiar with online SaaS subscription software
- Brainstorm ideas and directly impact a well-defined business metric
- Eager to help create the best tech company in Austin
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Coding Bootcamp certification or self taught
- 0-3 years of software development experience (internships count)
- Experience with Node.js, React/Angular a plus
- Knowledge of services (mostly RESTful)
- Google Cloud, AWS or other cloud experience a plus
- Database knowledge; SQLServer, MongoDB or more modern no-sql store
- Strong interest in learning and expanding your personal toolbox of skills
- High emotional intelligence
- A/B test mentality
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast taco and beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, Waterloo Sparking Water, fruit and snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings