The Technical Services Knowledge Engineer is a new role in EMEA, and the position will entail the gathering and sharing of collective product insight with MongoDB team members and customers.
Our Technical Services team use their outstanding problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to tackle their sophisticated MongoDB problems. The Knowledge Engineer will work closely with this team in order to create content which can be referenced internally or externally by our many customers.Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve MongoDB content for internal and external reference including technical articles, training material, and code samples
- Review technical content for accuracy, transparency, and presentation
- Foster team contribution to the creation and review of technical content
- Identify gaps in MongoDB documentation and tutorials that can be addressed by new technical articles or documentation improvements
- Report on topics of interest and support case deflection to technical articles based on analytics data from federated search and other available sources
- Analyze support cases to identify common customer questions that could be addressed by new technical articles or improved documentation
- Contribute to internal technical projects such as software development, benchmarking, building documentation and training guides, and providing oversight on other engineers’ project work
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Technical writing experience
- Extreme attention to detail
- An above-average supply of patience
- The desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Experience curating an existing knowledge base
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce
- Experience with Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS)
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Experience coding in one or more of the languages with drivers supported by MongoDB (eg. Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, C#, Node.js, ...)
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.