L3 Applications Support Engineer
Your challenge, should you choose to accept:
Adia is seeking an experienced, flexible, and detail-oriented L3 Applications Support Engineer to join our in-house Product team. This L3 Applications Support Engineer will work with Adia’s out-of-office Software Development team and in-house Operations team to identify, troubleshoot, fix, and report on issues within our platform. The ideal candidate for this position is a strong communicator—especially when explaining technical issues to non-technical audiences—and a proactive problem-solver with deep technical knowledge.
- Conduct daily monitoring including analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving worker and client issues
- Identify and fix bugs during and after a release
- Create meaningful technical dashboards on app performance
- Write up bugs and issues to share with the Development and Operations teams
- Communicate fixes to the operations and product team
- Support ad hoc issues as they arise relating to worker payroll, background checks, I-9 verifications, our job matching algorithm and associated processes, and more
- Pull reports and comb the results for inconsistencies to help identify and investigate bugs
- Manage our Zapier account and use event triggers to compile reports
- Run SQL batches for quick record updates
- Communicate directly with the Operations team while exploring the SQL database to arrive at root cause of bugs in the app/web/internal portal
- Use the SQL database to implement hot fixes of bugs prior to patches and releases
What you bring to the table:
- Educational background in computer science, information systems, or related field
- 2+ years of proven experience in software support, engineering, or similar role
- Proven experience working in a .NET framework and SQL
- A familiarity with other languages including Angular and Xamarin
- An eagerness to communicate with the out-of-office Development team and the in-office Operations team
- Supreme attention to detail — you’re always ten steps ahead
- Strong analytical mind
- Previous experience working in a startup or similarly fast-paced environment
- You are a problem-solver by nature
- You have a desire to do impactful work every day to connect flexible jobseekers with hourly positions through a seamless app experience
Adia is a gig economy marketplace for businesses and flexible workers in the hospitality, events, warehousing, and retail sectors. Leveraging technology, Adia makes it easier for businesses to find vetted hourly workers on demand, and gives workers a way to book unlimited jobs in one tap. Unlike other gig platforms, we hire our workers to Adia as W-2. That means they get to keep their flexible schedule, and still get taxes withheld, benefits, PTO, and weekly pay. Founded in 2016, we have a short company history but one that spreads across Switzerland, the UK, and now the US.
Adia is a fast-growing, hardworking, and curious (like Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open, honest, and motivated, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HR tech space, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you. We push ourselves and pull each other to be better than we were yesterday.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.