Large Scale Systems Lead at Unity Technologies
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We are looking for a Large Scale Systems Lead to define and build services that will help game developers have confidence that their game is ready to sustain the scale that today’s multiplayer games demand. You will be given the freedom to drive large initiatives in this area aimed at improving everything from scale testing to environment replication. Help us build a new suite of customer-facing services and tools, from orchestrating tens of thousands of automated clients to code analyzers to identify common issues .Responsibilities
- Hire and manage a team of developers
- Help define the feature roadmap for multiplayer development in Unity
- Design and implement services and tools aimed at providing assurance to our customers that their multiplayer games are ready to face live scenarios
- Participate in customer interviews to understand multiplayer development needs
- Proven record of shipping and supporting services
- Experience with scale testing methodologies and metrics analysis
- Good understanding of cloud environments
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Experience managing and growing a team of engineers
- Familiar with multiplayer game development
- C# experience
- Experience with the Unity engine
- Kubernetes experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.