Lead Backend Software Engineer (C#/.NET) at Bright Health (Remote)
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
This role can be fully remote anywhere in Texas or based out of our downtown Austin, TX office.
Lead Software Engineers spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. The more senior their level, the more that individual will assist in the continuous improvement of the team's productivity and code quality. Additionally, senior talent plays a key role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
- Collaborate directly with teammates to define and implement a variety of software testing
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency
- Git & GitHub
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years in software development required
- 3+ years experience with C#/.NET strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis);
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for serverless architectures
- Seasoned estimation skills — can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature and appropriately break it down (if needed) and size it
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time);
- Proven track record of high standards for self, team, company, and ultimately the clients;
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.)
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.