Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Lead manufacturing engineering efforts for cutting edge hardware/software solution for retail inventory visibility. Work with an experienced engineering design team to transition our autonomous indoor drone system from prototype engineering-led manufacturing to low/mid-volume manufacturing and QA processes utilizing in-house and contract manufacturing resources. Prior experience building and flying drones is highly desired.
Professional experience with some or all of the following is desired:
- Design for manufacturing
- Familiarity with Electronic and PCB fabrication and assembly
- Analog electrical and electronic design
- Bills of Material (BOMs) management
- Vendor selection and qualification including electrical and electronic components and data sheets
- Materials management, low-volume purchasing & inventory
- Logistics (shipping and receiving)
- Interfacing and managing contract manufacturing vendors
- Mechanical assembly of industrial devices
- Prototyping and low-volume manufacturing techniques and materials
- 3D printing
- CNC machining
- PCB design
QA and Testing
- Hardware testing and QA at the component, subassembly, and assembly levels
- Factory acceptance (test program development)
- Reliability (MTBF goals)
- Fault isolation
- QA metrics
- Regulatory compliance, e.g. FCC, OSHA, NRTLs, international standards
This is a broad role, we are not looking for deep expertise in any one area, but a strong problem solver, leader and project manager with broad exposure to low volume manufacturing and HW QA.
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with five year’s experience in manufacturing engineering related roles (or equivalent).
- Exposure to robotics, especially Unmanned Aerial Vehicles a plus
About Pensa Systems
Pensa is a local Austin tech company and a leading innovator in autonomous perception systems for global retail inventory visibility. Our system uses breakthrough technology – including artificial intelligence, autonomous drones and computer vision – to understand what is on store shelves. We have snacks in the kitchen, beer in the fridge and flexible work hours. Although we work hard, we don’t get too wrapped around protocol or bureaucracy. We appreciate the diversity of all stripes and are an equal opportunity employer. We are building really cool things that are disrupting multi-trillion-dollar global industries. If you would like to know more about us, please visit www.pensasystems.com and stay connected via Twitter and LinkedIn.