Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Adia is looking for an experienced Xamarin Mobile Engineer to join our in-house development team. You will bring your mobile software engineering expertise to enhance Adia’s platform by adapting existing features and creating new ones to creatively solve technical issues. During the current pandemic and its aftermath, your work will be even more important and impactful than ever, as we have more than doubled our user base during the recent months, and expect to continue growing throughout the upcoming years.
- Build new functionality and capabilities into the Adia mobile app with scalable and sustainable designs that deliver a polished and user-friendly mobile experience
- Adapt existing features within the platform as business needs change and the company continues to grow
- Serve as a technical expert on mobile software engineering topics and provide guidance and advice on mobile design patterns and modern solutions to technical challenges
- Participate in feature and user story grooming sessions, and plan and assist the engineering team in tasking out their work for each sprint
- Collaborate with our UI/UX designer to acquire necessary assets, styles, and verbiage
- Participate in design meetings with the engineering team, leveraging your knowledge base and bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Perform code reviews with other team members to maintain good design and code quality, put a second set of eyes on platform functionality, think of additional edge cases, and mentor less-experienced engineers
- Do investigative research and serve as a technical expert when vetting third party libraries or external API or service integrations
- Keep expectations realistic when estimating work complexity and timeline feasibility
- Pay close attention to detail and strive to achieve above-and-beyond quality in everything you do!
What you bring to the table:
- Educational background or equivalent experience in computer science or related field
- 5 or more years of experience developing cross-platform mobile projects with .NET, using C#, LINQ, Rest APIs, ideally within a cloud environment
- Ideally some previous development experience on Native Android or iOS
- Knowledge of core Android & iOS features and best practices in cross-platform UX design and development
- Xamarin Forms and Xamarin Native development (Xamarin iOS, Xamarin Droid), Xamarin Studio or Xamarin for Visual Studio on both Apple iOS and Android platforms
- Experience creating custom controls and customizing existing controls for Xamarin Apps
- Understanding of mobile App Services and Push Notifications for both Android and iOS
- Expertise in SRP best practices, versioning of API endpoints, and maintaining backwards compatibility for each release
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications and event-driven architectures, including using push (vs. pull) design to update mobile app data
- Previous experience working in a startup or similarly fast-paced environment with changing requirements
- Experience collaborating and working from home/remotely with other team members
- A drive to innovate and push the boundaries of modern technology, frameworks, and architecture solutions
- Personal ownership of your work and ability to properly and thoroughly test your solutions and think of edge cases without a QA team
- A desire to ask questions and make an impact!
Adia is the leading on-demand staffing platform. We give businesses a better way to find the people they need. Unlike other gig platforms, we hire our workers to Adia as W-2. That means they get to keep their flexible schedule, and still get taxes withheld, benefits, and weekly pay. Launched in Switzerland back in October 2016, Adia launched in the US in early 2018. Today we help businesses and workers using our platform throughout the US.
Adia is a fast-growing, hardworking, curious (like, Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open, honest, and motivated, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HR tech space, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.