Lead QA Engineer at Smarter Sorting
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:27 a.m. (CST) on Monday, August 9, 2021
Come work at Smarter Sorting!
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is looking for a Lead QA Engineer to take ownership of quality assurance testing for our suite of software and hardware products. This person will apply past experience in scaling QA for a growing client base, understand the right types of automation that improve results while reducing effort, and have the technical chops required to assist in the debugging of escalated issues reported to our support team by end users. We’re looking for a player/coach type who is comfortable as an individual contributor but also able to grow and lead a team as this department continues to evolve.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own the quality assurance process for all Smarter Sorting products.
- Work closely with the Product, Technology, and Support teams to launch new features, minimize issues impacting users, and efficiently triage and resolve bugs that make it to production.
- Develop end to end testing procedures to support increased interconnectivity between products, favoring automation when practical.
- Champion ongoing improvement of QA processes and best practices that lead to better customer experiences.
- Assist in triaging escalated customer issues from our support team as needed
- Lead a team as we grow out QA as a business function.
Your Experience + Skills
- 4+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 4+ years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- 4+ years of experience with software QA tools and processes
- 2+ years of experience with web security technology
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time-management & people management skills
Your 1st Month:
- Learn our products and our codebase to begin forming a framework and plan for automated and manual QA testing going forward.
Your First 3 Months:
- Introduce an initial suite of regression and acceptance tests
- Serve as a valuable middle layer between the frontlines and our technical leads in triaging escalated support issues of a more technical nature.
Your First 6 Months:
- Introduce more automation into our testing, as well as canned realistic data sets in lower environments. Build a team of QA engineers to support scaling the businessHelp move the organization in the direction of continuous integration.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description