Lead Software Developer in Test, Netcode at Unity Technologies
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we have seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has thrived.
Unity is uniquely positioned to close the gap regarding the complicated problems that face multiplayer developers today! We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to help ensure functionality, stability, and usability of the Unity multiplayer SDK. You will focus on crafting test automation and tooling which will help to facilitate multiplayer and multi-process testing!
What you’ll be doing
- You will define testing methodologies to tackle some of the unique challenges in automated testing of multiplayer scenarios
- Work closely with the other developers to perform test analysis and help prevent functional or performance regressions in the networking libraries.
- Build automation and tests to validate networking functionality across multiple platforms and estimate tasks and manage time optimally.
- You will chip in on tooling and analysis of performance and stability testing by integrating and adapting existing Unity test systems.
What we’re looking for
- Experience as an SDET with a consistent record of shipping high quality products
- Experience with performance-focused testing and analysis.
- Experience developing automated test frameworks
- Tight-knit collaboration and communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to break down sophisticated problems and coordinate delivery among multiple owners
You might also have
- C# expertise
- Experience with multiplayer game development
- Experience with Kubernetes or other multi-process orchestration and testing
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.