Lead Software Engineer - Data Platform at Bright Health (Remote)
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Write traditional code and server-less functions using the language best suited for the task, which typically include C#, T-SQL and PowerShell
- Apply Cloud and Object Oriented design and resiliency patterns
- Build APIs and data microservices to share our data with internal and external partners, and write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. A Healthcare IT background is highly preferred.
- Three (3)+years of experience serving as a technical lead.
- Extensive experience developing data-intensive solutions in a Cloud environment.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO language, including C#, Java, Scala, Python, PowerShell.
- Enterprise experience developing solutions that use event sourcing and/or Big Data architectures.
- Must have the right to work in the US without a Visa sponsorship.
- Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka or Spark Streaming.
- Experience with functional programming in Scala
- Experience with API design.
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with containerization/virtualization, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices
- Hands on Azure admin and devops experience
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, Hive, and Spark.
- Scala and C#
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.