Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this job.
WP Engine is on a mission to help our customers win online. Whether that's helping an aspiring entrepreneur to turn a hobby into an online business or a multinational corporation to launch a new campaign in weeks instead of months, our platform is there to help them win - whatever that means for them.
We are searching for an experienced software engineer to join our rapidly growing R&D team to help define and lead the engineering efforts on our next-generation Ecommerce offering. We currently host +500k websites and server +4 billion web requests per day. With tens of thousands of existing Ecommerce stores on our platform globally, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in gross merchandise volume, there are unlimited opportunities to improve the current state of the art, as well as build a platform to attract the next ten thousand stores! Experience in Ecommerce and web hosting technologies is preferred, and we are also happy to help you learn our stack as long as you have a history of mastering technology quickly. We hire for talent and potential, we want intelligent people to help invent the future of Ecommerce.
Our culture is renowned; we believe it is meaningful to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are great at solving problems, a hard worker with excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoy working across different time zones and cultures, you may be the engineer that we are looking for!The day to day.
- Be customer inspired and work closely with Product Management, Engineering Management, and business partners to incrementally and frequently deliver positive outcomes through technology
- Provide ongoing technical leadership and guidance to your teammates
- Collaborate to design, write, test, integrate, and maintain software applications that are resilient, robust, secure, and perform at scale for tens of millions of end users
- Write clean, maintainable code; improve test coverage and build deployment pipelines to safely and rapidly push quality code to production
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate and optimize
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into new and existing systems and products
- Be an outstanding teammate to all, no matter location, function, or seniority level
- Ensure we continue grow by helping us identify, attract and onboard top talent
- 7+ years of writing highly scalable distributed cloud software applications; ideally you have experienced hyper-growth in a multinational distributed setting
- WordPress, WooCommerce, PHP, Python, Go, Distributed Systems (GCP, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, REST, Microservices), CI/CD pipelines experience is strongly preferred
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, a continuous learning attitude, and an eagerness to take on the challenge of big problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excels in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies
- You are passionate about working alongside customers to determine solutions that best fits their needs
- Bonus: Production experience with ElasticSearch, BigQuery
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.