Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
The Web Platform team at ThousandEyes is focused on bringing an unparalleled quality and ease of use to common abstractions and application level infrastructure shared by the various ThousandEyes development teams. Our mission is to support ThousandEyes development teams in making the best architectural decisions for their services by building out common components, libraries and infrastructure of the highest quality, and to provide thought leadership on best practices around application design, particularly in regard to a microservices oriented architecture.
You can expect to work on:
- Spearheading the effort towards creation of "microfrontend" services to break our application UI into independently deployable units
- Building the common platform for weaving together the different frontend services that provide the customer facing ThousandEyes UI
- Owning and evolving our shared data visualization and component libraries
- Guiding the standard for how microservice development is done within ThousandEyes
If you are passionate about the freedom to innovate on processes and architecture, high quality API design, and focusing on engineering and system-design heavy projects, this is the team for you!
- A highly independent and entrepreneurial minded engineer
- A fast learner
- Comfortable working with newer technologies
- Somebody with a heavy interest in providing thought leadership and promoting best practices
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Preferred experience with streaming architectures, in particular, Kafka
- Experience with network protocols is a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.