Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, brings together the best K-12 learning management system with assessment management to improve student performance, foster collaboration, and personalize learning. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What you’ll do:
What can you expect working at Schoology?
Our software engineering practices promote the culture of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous improvement. The right candidate is ready for this challenge and eager to apply sound software engineering practices to the Schoology web application and services.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and Operations teams to create and deliver tested features to production.
- Contribute to the implementation and adoption of a style guide for use both by us and open sourced for our partners to help unify the look and feel of Schoology.
- Collaborate with specialists across web, mobile, and operations to achieve a better user experience for our product.
- Help staff, build, and form the culture around a brand new team of three engineers, a product manager, designer, and associated supporting roles.
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- An understanding of how to give estimates that include accessibility and security requirements.
- Experience testing software in alignment with the Test Pyramid.
- Some exposure/experience with PHP, Java, or any other modern programming language.
- Experience working on a team of 3-5 engineers plus supporting roles (e.g. QA, design, etc), preferably as a Lead or Senior Engineer.
- Willingness to accept responsibility not only for your own work but the work of the team as a whole.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior experience with mobile development (native or web-based) preferred.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.