Lead Software Engineer in Sales Tools, Engineering Corps at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks an experienced software engineer to help level-up the Engineering Corps and seed its new Sales Tools team. Central to MongoDB’s ability to provide the myriad of technical resources utilized daily by employees in the salesforce and its ecosystem, the Sales Tools team’s responsibility is to realize and develop internal technical solutions to problems where standard off-the-shelf technology isn’t available or simply isn’t good enough. The team’s mission is to help create a competitive advantage for our salesforce through the use of technology, and will directly impact the company’s bottom line as it works closely with Sales and Sales Operations to improve productivity and drive efficiency and effectiveness.
The new Sales Tools team will be part of the wider Engineering Corps, which consists of software generalists with a large breadth of expertise and experience. They are full-stack engineers in practice, database and sys admins when necessary, and experienced service providers with a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.
This is a hybrid management position that will require recruiting for and developing junior engineers, as well as rolling up your sleeves and developing solutions together with your team.Our ideal candidate
- 4 years experience developing awesome software using Python (bonus points for React)
- Has experience building applications that integrate with Salesforce APIs
- Is a Linux wiz familiar and comfortable with CI/CD strategies and tooling, e.g. k8s, Docker, Drone, or similar
- Is self motivated and not afraid to break a few eggs to get a product over the finish line
- Builds great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- Design, build, and operate sales tools and services that are reliable, scalable, and observable
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for new projects
- Recruit for and develop a team of engineers, providing mentorship and career guidance
- Work with the Sales and Sales Operations teams to understand how they do business and develop technical solutions to help them do so more efficiently and effectively
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing tooling and develop well-thought-out long-term solutions
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things
- In three months you will have familiarized yourself with much of our application portfolio, make regular contributions, and help to resolve incidents and respond to user requests. With any luck you will have recruited a second team member!
- In six months you will have taken complete ownership of all sales tool development and the team’s roadmap. With any luck you will have recruited a third team member!
- In a year you will have too many pleased customers to do everything they ask of you, and you will be asking to grow your team. You will have significantly improved the quality, reliability, and maintainability of our systems and impacted the company’s bottom line in measurable ways.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.