Lead Software Engineer
You're looking for a place where you can lead a team of talented engineers to build a suite of products to fight disinformation. You’ll drive decisions and be responsible for solving some very challenging problems. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You’re creative. And if this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
While we take our mission very seriously, we are also a team of fun-loving, laid-back, self described geeks who love tacos and topo chico.
What you’ll do:
- Build and design high quality product features Lead a team of engineers.
- Continue to inspire and develop the engineering team.
- Identify risks and formulate alternatives.
- Manage handoffs between other teams.
- Help the team balance competing priorities.
- Continue to build an environment of improvement through mentorship, metrics and feedback.
- Integrate with our research team to build bleeding edge signals to solve disinformation.
Who you are:
- You enjoy wearing many hats
- You have at least 5 years experience building complex applications
- You’re interested in working with, and understanding machine learning models
- You’re comfortable with Python
- You have a passion for performance tuning
- You’re comfortable experimenting, and care about building reliable software
- You’re creative and tenacious - you don’t give up
- You understand the value and enjoy working as a part of a team
- Building cool things that work excites you
- You thrive off the energy and pace of a small team
- You’re adaptable and looking for new things to work on
Why we love working here:
- Chance to work on something we feel passionate about with smart, enthusiastic people
- Competitive salary and healthcare
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Lots of available and free parking
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited vacation (and no, that is not code for you never take a vacation, we encourage and value time off)
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities